Introduction to the NHMF Contractor Forum
The Contractor Forum was established in 2012 as the trade affiliation for contractors working in the field of social housing.
Our aim is to create closer working relationships between contractors, clients and sub-contractors and we work closely with the NHMF to promote best practice in the procurement and management of repairs.
- To drive best practice and innovation of repairs and maintenance services through knowledge sharing, both within and from outside the housing sector
- To work with the NHMF on the work of M3 in developing and promoting the M3NHF Schedule of Rates, to keep them up to date with best practice in repairs procurement.
- To strengthen relationships across the sector through networking
For many years the NHMF has had at least one contractor represented on its committee to ensure that it understands fully the contractors' perspective when developing the M3NHF Schedule of Rates and related products.
Contractors have also been involved in various training sessions and conferences in order to promote best practice. The NHMF is keen to involve them at an earlier stage in the consultation process when developing the schedules and diagnostic systems that are now used by nearly all social housing providers.
Our members include a wide range of contractors, from household names to SMEs and specialist sub-contractors. The Forum is chaired by Mike Turner (Ian Williams) and Vice-Chair, Melissa Woodall (Wates Group). It is serviced by M3 who also service the NHMF.
The next Contractor Forum meeting will be on 12 May at Friends House, 173-177 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ
Existing members: Please log into the members’ area to view the latest meeting presentations & M3NHF Schedule of Rates reference files.
- The opportunity to participate in meetings and shape the development of products and services that are widely used across the sector
- The chance to get involved in areas of particular interest to you, including NHMF conferences, seminars and events
- Stay informed on the latest updates to products and services which come under the NHMF banner
- Membership is open to any contractor providing maintenance services to managed housing
- Each company membership inlcudes two named representatives who are eligible to attend meetings and events
Topics discussed at previous meetings:
- Managing customer expectations and the associated impact on service delivery
- How to use data more efficiently
- Producing effective procurement guides ro reduce tendering costs & promote effective competition
- Establishing an industry standard for the handling of TUPE at contract handover
- How to implement consistent standards for best practice
- M3NHF Schedule of Rates training to reduce differences in the way the descriptions are interpreted
View minutes from the previous meetings in the members' area